Great news! Even if you're not eating sugar and carbs you can have a super delicious mouthwatering blueberry pie with this low carb recipe. It's completely without sugar and grains and it's gluten free. So go tell your friends! Or not...there won't be much left.
Macros per piece (6 pieces):
without custard: 320 calories, 2g net carbs, 30g fat, 6g protein
with custard: 500 calories, 4,5g net carbs, 48g fat, 10g protein
INGREDIENTS: 6 servings
1 1/4 cup (3 dl) almond flour
2 tbsp coconut flour
4 tbsp erythritol
1/4 cup (0,5 dl) shredded coconut
1 cup blueberries
1 tsp erythritol (optional)
4 egg yolks
3/4 cup + 3 tbsp (2 dl) cream
3/4 cup + 3 tbsp (2 dl) milk
1/3 cup (0,8 dl) erythritol
1 vanilla bean
1. Set the oven on 392°F/200°C
2. Mix all ingredients for the crust in a bowl with your hands.
3. Cover the bottom of a pie tin with some crust.
4. Blend the blueberries (frozen or fresh) with some erythritol and spread them over the crust.
5. Cover the blueberries by crumbling the rest of the crust over them.
6. Bake in the oven for about 10-15 minutes until golden.
1. Add cream and milk to a saucepan and scrape out the vanilla from the bean and add to the mix. Heat on low heat and let simmer for a minute. Remove and let cool a bit.
2. Mix egg yolks and sweetener with an electrical mixer until fluffy. About 5 minutes, add 2 tbsp of the cooled cream mix and mix for another minute.
3. Stir in the egg mix to the cooled cream mix and let simmer on low heat while stirring until it becomes a thick custard. Don’t let it boil because that will make the eggs separate from the cream and you need to start over again. This happened to me so don’t look away even for a second!
4. Cover the pie in a sea of custard and enjoy!! 😋